The Dos and Don’ts of Setting Up a Zoom Meeting from Microsoft Outlook
Zoom meeting is one of the best video conferencing services on the market today, but you don’t want to try setting it up yourself without getting some guidance first. While using the service has gotten easier over time, there are still some key things you need to know about Zoom meeting before you can use it effectively within your organization. We’ve rounded up some of the most important tips in this article! Keep reading to learn how to set up a Zoom meeting from Microsoft Outlook, what works best with Zoom meetings, and more!
Why You Should Set Up Your Meetings From Outlook
Whether you’re scheduling a business meeting or catching up with friends, setting up your Zoom meeting from Microsoft Outlook is the way to go. Not only does it make things more organized, but it also allows you to take advantage of all the features that come with using Outlook. Here are some tips on how to set up your next Zoom meeting from Outlook ‘
- In the ‘New Item’ window, click ‘Meeting’.
- Type in the details for your meeting (i.e., date, time, duration), and be sure to choose a location as well.
- From here, you can add attendees by entering their email address. You can also invite people who aren’t in your contact list by typing their name into the Invite field.
- To see if anyone has responded yet, just check out the responses tab at the bottom right corner of the window!
How To Do It
Whether you’re setting up a business meeting or hosting a virtual happy hour with friends, there are some things you should keep in mind when setting up a Zoom meeting from Microsoft Outlook. Here are the dos and don’ts of setting up your next Zoom meeting
- Select Outlook Events from the top menu bar to enter calendar mode.
- Select Zoom as your event type to set up an individual meeting. Or, if you’re arranging for several people to attend a meeting, select Zoom Rooms.
- Specify how many attendees will be attending the meeting by adding their names or email addresses into the Attendees field.
What If I’m Already In A Meeting?
If you’re already in a meeting, there’s no need to worry. You can easily set up your Zoom meeting from Microsoft Outlook by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Meeting tab and click New Meeting.
- A new window will pop up. Under Zoom Meetings, select the option for Create a New Meeting. In the email address field, enter the email address associated with your Zoom account. In the Subject field, type a subject line that will help attendees understand what they’ll be attending. Then fill out all other fields as necessary. After you’ve finished filling out all fields, click Send Invitation and your invitees should receive an email invitation within minutes! It’s also worth noting that any changes made to the time or date of this meeting while still on the app are automatically reflected on your calendar after saving.
You can also manually schedule a call from Outlook by following step:
Click the Calendar button at the top left corner of the screen and select More Calendars > My Personal Calendars > Zoom Meeting (Outlook).
Some Extra Tips
- To avoid any issues, it’s always best to create your meeting in advance and send out the invitations with plenty of time for your attendees to prepare.
- In the invitation, be sure to include all relevant information such as the date, time, meeting duration, and any dial-in instructions.
- When creating the meeting, be sure to select video conferencing so that everyone can see and hear each other clearly. -Zoom has many features you may want to explore before your next meeting. For example, the ability to share screens or transfer files via chat.
- If you’re scheduling a recurring event, like weekly staff meetings, be sure to schedule ahead and set up reminders on their calendars. And if you need assistance with this process, feel free to reach out!